The City of San Antonio Economic Development Department (EDD) and the Westside Development Corporation (WDC) worked with Wendell Davis & Associates to develop the Near Westside Opportunity Zones Investment and Neighborhood Preservation Plan for census tracts 1701.02, 1106 and 1105 (see map below).
The purpose of the Strategic Plan is to encourage and attract thoughtful investments to the Near Westside, while protecting resident and small businesses from displacement.
The Plan identifies concerns and desires of stakeholders living and working in the Opportunity Zones. It also seeks to address needs of business owners and property owners in the Near Westside to enhance their qualify of life and desire to preserve what is best in their community. In addition, the Plan includes implementation strategies to achieve community objectives and recommendations in the Opportunity Zones.
Click on the link below to view the Plan.
Near Westside opportunity zones investment and neighborhood preservation plan
Give your feedback
Near Westside Opportunity Zones Investment and Neighborhood Preservation Plan
Near Westside Opportunity Zones Quick Facts
See Quick Facts
Citation: U.S. Census Bureau (2016). American Community Survey 5-year estimates. Retrieved from Census Reporter Profile page for Census Tract 1701.02, Census Tract 1105, and Census Tract 1106, Bexar, TX https://censusreporter.org/
Map of Near West Opportunity Zones
Opportunity Zones in the News
- Brooks lands first Opportunity Zone Investment in Texas >>
- 7 Facts to Know About Opportunity Zone Investing >>
- Which Office Markets
areBest Bet Opportunity Zone Investment >>
- IRS: Welcome Back, Opportunity Zones Need Your Attention >>
- Real estate pros offer Opportunity Zone investing tips >>
- CIM Group To Launch $5B Opportunity Fund >>
- Law firm creates practice area specializing in new Opportunity Zones >>
- Development is a two-edged sword on San Antonio’s historic West Side >>
Near Westside Opportunity Zones Strategic Planning
Focus Group Meetings
Focus Group Meeting 2 & 2B