A Job that Makes a Difference
JOB POSITION: BUSINESS OFFICE MANAGER
Westside Development Corporation
The mission of the Westside Development Corporation (WDC) is to foster economic development, create viable urban communities, and preserve the character of the San Antonio Westside.
The Westside Development Corporation (WDC) was founded in 2006 by the City of San Antonio Council and Mayor to address long-term economic development concerns in the inner Westside of San Antonio; serving the city’s most vulnerable, where 93% of the population is Hispanic and/or Latino. Concerns include gaps in goods and available services, high unemployment rate, and low per capita income.
This is a temporary to permanent position and requires 40 hours a week in the office. NOTE: During COVID-19 restrictions, WDC employees are following government recommendations and are working remotely. WDC is located at 630 SW 41st, San Antonio, TX 78237.
Under the general supervision and guidance of the Executive Director/CEO, the Business Office Manager performs an array of administrative responsibilities to ensure efficient and effective management of day-to-day operations in the front office and within the organization, provides support to the Executive Director/CEO and acts as the Board liaison.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Job duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following. Successful job applicants will be able to perform these essential functions with minimal supervision:
- Answer phones and maintain firstname.lastname@example.org email
- Provide Executive Director/CEO support including scheduling & calendar management
- Prepare a variety of written correspondence for the CEO including letters, reports and draft communications
- Board liaison, plan and schedule meetings, prepare agenda and packets, take minutes
- Basic bookkeeping tasks including accounts receivable and accounts payable and coordinate annual audit with accounting firm
- Document and reconcile WDC financials; make copies, process invoices, disburse vendor checks, track bank balances
- General office management, overseeing facilities, use and maintenance of office equipment, order and restock supplies as needed
- Assist with operational administrative functions; maintain databases and spreadsheets, organize records, oversee mailings
- Conduct on-boarding for new hires, organize and maintain HR files and oversee benefits
- Ensure paper and electronic filing systems and communication records are maintained, up-to-date and in accordance with the current law
- Work cooperatively and collaboratively with staff to fulfill the organizations mission and support team activities
- Assist staff on various programs, events, grants, and/or projects as directed by the CEO
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIRED SKILLS:
- More than two years’ related nonprofit or government experience a plus
- More than one year of experience providing board support a plus
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office: Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Word, and Outlook
- Experience with QuickBooks, Legistar or Mail Chimp a plus
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Able to multi-task, respond rapidly to change, organize, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Detail-oriented, able to execute accurately at a high level without excess supervision
- Adaptable team player with willingness to assist others on company initiatives
- High School Diploma or GED
- Bilingual (Spanish) a plus
- Start Date: Looking to hire immediately
- Position Type: Temporary to permanent position
- Full Time: Yes, 40 hours a week in the WDC office
- NOTE: Due to COVID-19 restrictions, WDC staff are following government recommendations and are working remotely until further notice
- Regular Schedule: Monday – Friday, 8 a.m.– 5 p.m.
- Schedule Flexibility: Occasional hours outside of regular schedule may incur and could include mornings, evenings, or weekends based on event or duties
- Location: 630 SW 41st Street, San Antonio, TX 78237
- Supervisory Duties: Yes
WDC operates as a 501(c)(3) and city delegate agency, receiving funds from the City of San Antonio, financial institutions, private foundations and individual donors to carry out its mission.