Westside Development Corporation (WDC) solicits and accepts gifts for purposes that will help the organization further and fulfill its mission. WDC urges all prospective donors to seek the assistance of personal legal and financial advisors in matters relating to their gifts, including the resulting tax and estate planning consequences. The following policies and guidelines govern acceptance of gifts made to Westside Development Corporation for the benefit of any of its operations, programs or services. This policy does not govern restrictions on WDC employee acceptance of gifts.
If you have an in-kind donation, email info@westsidedevcorp for information.
• Values-Does the acceptance of the gift compromises any of the core values of WDC?
• Compatibility-Is there compatibility between the intent of the donor and WDC’s use of the gift?
• Public Relationships-Will acceptance of the gift damage the reputation of WDC?
• Primary Benefit-Is the primary benefit of the gift to the WDC or to the donor?
• Consistency-Is acceptance of the gift consistent with prior practice?
• Form of Gift-Is the gift offered in a form that Westside Development Corporation can use without incurring substantial expense or difficulty?
• Effect on Future Giving-Will the gift encourage or discourage future gifts?
Restrictions on gifts
Westside Development Corporation will not accept gifts that (a) would result in WDC violating its articles of incorporation or by-laws, (b) would result in WDC losing its status as a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization.
Westside Development Corporation is a recipient of a Google Ad Grant. The Google Ad Grants program supports registered nonprofit organizations, including many that share Google’s philosophy of community service to help the world in areas such as science and technology, education, global public health, the environment, youth advocacy, and the arts. Google Ad Grants is an in-kind advertising program that awards free online advertising to nonprofits.